Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Christmahaunakwanzaka!!

Christmas is definitely here. There's lights all over the place, sweaters are abundant, and my wallet is empty (and I'm not done shopping yet). I'm not sure what my hold up is, but I haven't done any of my holiday baking yet. I think I may tackle my husband's gingerbread men tonight or tomorrow night. They are by far the most work, so I'd rather just go ahead and get them out of the way. I always know my kitchen is tiny, but it becomes a real annoyance during December. I have no counter space and I have gingies to roll out! Truffles to dip and sit! Cupcakes to frost! 


I'd like to give a Christmas shout-out to the Angus Barn in Raleigh, NC. I'd never pay your ridiculous prices at any other time of the year, but during Christmas I can almost justify it. Elves sitting in rafters, giant Christmas tree in the corner, hot apple cider and fresh gingerbread men to nibble on while you wait to be seated. The ENTIRE inside is decorated beautifully with white lights and garland everywhere. It's classy man. Really classy. If you doubt it, wait until you get your bill, then you KNOW it's a classy joint. 



Also, I have a new lover in my life. His name is Paypal and I am not ashamed of it. I've used Paypal for quite sometime now, but just recently I've become very impressed by them and their attention to customer service. It started with an email. A fraudulent email (or Spoof as they like to say), one that claimed to be Paypal needing me to update all of my info such as my full name and address, banking information and credit card info. Luckily I have a couple of cells in my brain that fires on occasion still, so I was able to realize it seemed fishy and contacted the real Paypal to confirm. The people were so helpful. And then not even a week later when ordering a gift online I realized I had inadvertently shipped it to my old address and I called Paypal and even though there was nothing they could do on their end, they walked me through and told me exactly what I needed to do and say to get my issue resolved. And both times I had no issues speaking to a human that knew English. Truly a Chistmas miracle. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a positive experience with paypal!!

    Unforch for me, I didn't. Hubs and I tried to start an e-bay bidness, and paypal wouldn't let his account money from buyers because he had to wait for 2 weeks for his account to be considered safe and legitimate in their eyes.

    I haven't used them since. They cost me 200 bucks!!! *shakes fist at paypal*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or is 'tackle my husbands gingerbread men' a double entendre?

    My humble apologies for bringing down the tone of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Judgement free zone. Post as you wish.
Except you spammers. You'll be deleted.