Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A love list

Today is my and my husband's 3 year wedding anniversary. We've had 2 already and I know that we'll have lots and lots more, but for me this one just may be the most special one we'll ever have. We've been through a lot the last year and half. A lot of things happened and we very nearly lost each other. Today, for me, is a renewal of sorts. A new year of marriage, a fresh start. My husband is a very special man, and so I thought I'd list a few of the things that makes me love him so much. Just a few though, as there's many many reasons I could go on and on and on. So here's a few, not in any sort of order:



  1. His patience. This is the first thing I every really noticed about him. I was an annoying drunk girl at the bar and when we were introduced I would sit there by him and just babble on and on about random things and he, bless him, would sit there and nod and pound Bud Light. Most men would have told me to shut the hell up. 
  2. His kindness. 
  3. The way he always goes out of his way to do something nice for me. Whether it's dishes or finding the season's first Christmas Tree Cakes. 
  4. His dorkiness. I love that he is the self-proclaimed King of the Dorks. Star Wars, Star Trek, computer articles, action figures, cartoons all of it is so endearing to me. 
  5. The way we fit together perfectly. When he's sitting on the couch and I sit down next to him, when he puts his arm around me, we're a perfect fit. 
  6. He's tall. 
  7. When he's quiet and then out of no where he'll giggle at something (reading, tv, whatever).
  8. His sarcasm. I love that he is as sarcastic as I am. 
  9. He walks Tiffy in the rain. 
  10. He likes my sister. 
  11. He gets me. 
  12. He came up with a new word just for me. He says I am a "Prippie" a preppy hippie. 
  13. He listens to my music without complaining, too much. 
  14. He's a holiday junkie like I am. We have about 15 boxes of Christmas decorations and it keeps growing.
  15. One of his favorite things to do is read. Not just fluff like I do, real books. Like the Bell Jar and all of Dickens. 
  16. He's smart.
  17. He loves me, even though I'm a bad person and difficult to live with. 
  18. He cleans. 
  19. When I am having a terrible day and all I want to do is break someones face or just curl up and cry, he is the one person in the world that can turn my day around and make me laugh.
  20. When we were first dating and I had a terrible cold, he came over to my house with a bag of medicine, juice, crayons, a coloring book, a get well card, and flowers. Things like that stay with a girl.
  21. Sometimes he'll just randomly have a Butterfinger for me.
  22. He always tells me he likes everything I bake and cook, with the exception of "burnt chicken something".
Happy anniversary Tom. I love you more than anything. 

1 comment:

Judgement free zone. Post as you wish.
Except you spammers. You'll be deleted.