Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The last Christmas post. Promise.

Christmas has come and thankfully gone not to be heard from until next year. Thank dear baby Jesus. As much as I love Christmas, I am just...SO... over it all this year. I can't wait to undecorate and get my house deChristmasfied. I'm not sure why I didn't seem to fully get into the spirit this year (surely it's not the crushing weight of debt), but I couldn't quite seem to get to the happy sparkling festive place I usually get to.

Next year perhaps.

I did make some pretty tasty peppermint cupcakes a few nights ago. I don't have any pictures of them as they were made in a rush and definitely not cute. However, they were delicious. Chocolate cupcakes with a peppermint buttercream frosting. Just make regular buttercream and add a tsp or two of peppermint extract. Perhaps sprinkling a crushed candy cane on top for some sprucing up. Simple, quick, and delicious.

I also whipped up some butterscotch brownies for Christmas dinner/gift exchange with my bff's. It's always a chewy, delicious, butterscotchie delight. As I was licking the bowl and my sister was licking the spatula, we couldn't figure out why I don't make them more often. Later, we couldn't figure out why our clothes seem to be shrinking.


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter softened (or margarine)
1 3/4 cup brown sugar ( I use light brown sugar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups butterscotch morsels (I use Tollhouse- where I also got the recipe from back in the day, off the back of a package)

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl- set aside. Mix the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until it's creamy. The slowly add in the flour mixture. Stir in the morsels. Spread the mixture into greased baking pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Judgement free zone. Post as you wish.
Except you spammers. You'll be deleted.