Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fun with the nugget!

**Blogger is being a pain today and messing with the font and everything. So I'm changing up the font color/background color to make it legible**
Today you get 2 posts from me! Mainly because the first one was pretty dark and heavy and I feel like my blog has been really dark and heavy lately. Which is giving off the wrong vibe for the most part because lately I've been very happy. 
Things are progressing with my lady nugget very well. Even right now, as I type this I can feel her squirming around some. It's the most amazing feeling, I really wish my husband could feel it too. Once she gets bigger and starts kicking I'm going to do my best to make sure she kicks him at least once a day. 

I'm 20 weeks! Half way through!! That's a big milestone and I'm very excited about it. 

This past weekend on the spur of the moment, my sister and Lay and I decided to go putter around the "big" mall in Raleigh (a bit over an hour from here). My sister works for American Eagle and so she gets 40% off their sister store 77 Kids. Our mall doesn't have it, so that's what made us decide to go on a bit of a day trip. The store is closing at the end of the summer, so everything is already on clearance so her discount didn't work for us. What a bummer that was. However, she dropped $60 and I dropped $60 and we got some really cute little outfits for the nugget. Add that to the trip to Old Navy we made that afternoon and my little girl is already on her way to a fabulous wardrobe!

My sister and I love cupcakes. So we took a trip over to Chapel Hill and to this adorable local bakery called Sugarland, to get some tasty delights. 

Delicious they definitely were. Those pink one with the raspberry? Raspberry frosting with vanilla cake and a passionfruit custard filling. Next to it, the chocolate one? Well that Kahlua frosting with chocolate cake and a fudge center- that one was a true party in your mouth. Really. They were all delicious. The Grasshopper, the Dulce de Leche and Nutella one all delightful. My husband, he said that they were tasty but that some of my creations have been just as good if not better. Proving again, why I married him. 

There may have been progress made with the home hunting. I found a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment that's nice, well kept, and spacious (it even has a laundry room). It's in the collegey part of town which is a slight drawback, but since I was assured it's mainly gradstudents there, that it's not a party place I'm ok with it. Also, it doesn't look like the classiest place from the outside. However, according to the police (yes, I love to call the police department,they are a great resource that I think is underused) it's a low crime area. So I'm thinking this is going to be the place. They have one first floor unit coming available in September that the man is willing to hold for me. So while I have him holding it, I'm going to breathe, stop freaking out, and get everything else in order. 

July 19th I'm taking the day off from work and going with my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law to go to a baby expo where I was told I can get great things for low prices. So I'm really looking forward to that. Not to mention another day during the month that I'm planning to go back to Raleigh and do a bit more baby shopping with my friend that needed some space from me previously with the whole baby thing. We're in the process of making amends and I think an outing with just the two of us will be really great. It's been a long time since we spent any real time together just us two, and I think it'll be fun. 

So, right now: things are positive.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are starting to fall in place on the home front!

    ReplyDelete

Judgement free zone. Post as you wish.
Except you spammers. You'll be deleted.