Monday, October 22, 2012

Let's get this labor going...Anytime...Please...

I'm so not going to lie, being pregnant has been a lot harder that I thought it would be and I've been so lucky to have a super easy time of it. My blood pressure has stayed at around 118/68 the entire time, I don't have gestational diabetes, my levels for everything have been perfect. I've gained more that the doctor wanted me to, but she said she can't complain about it since everything is so good. So I've kind of had the perfect pregnancy. 

Do not get me wrong, I am far far far from being the mythical pregnancy unicorn. 

I've had some trouble with swelling, heartburn, lack of energy, and early pelvic separation that has caused plenty of pain when I'm on my feet for too long (and constantly now). That's about it though. 

So I'm going to tell you some things that I miss about life before pregnancy that I can't wait to get back to, then I'll tell you some things that I'm going to miss from being pregnant. 

Things I miss:

  • My ankles. I haven't seen them since around July.
  • Moscato.
  • My nipples that I had for 29 years, these new one's are totally different and I'm not a fan. 
  • Not having heartburn constantly where I have to take 2 pills a day and 8 to 12 Tums every night.
  • Sleeping through the night.
  • Not waddling.
  • Not peeing constantly.
  • My pelvis not having pressure on it. 
  • Being able to paint my toe-nails. 
  • Moscato.
  • October festivities.
  • Being able to swallow my spit naturally without the joys of dysphagia causing me to choke on it anywhere from 3 to 5 times a day (twice so far today). 
  • Not vomiting in my sleep from heartburn (that happened last night).
  • Moscato.
  • Having the ability to complete a task without having to pause for a while to get back some energy. 
  • My shoes. I've been wearing the same pair of flip-flops since around May/June.
  • But no, seriously, Moscato. 
This is my foot right now. It's 10 a.m. You think that's big? You should see it at  5 p.m.

I have big, big plans for this. Just a few more weeks lover. 
Things I'm going to miss:
  • Feeling Noelle moving around. Rolling, stretching, kicking, her hiccups. It's pretty incredible to feel her.
  • Being able to eat anything I want and not feel judged- in fact having people tell me- "it's ok! You're eating for two!!"
  • Not having to walk Tiffy my fair 50% of the time.
  • Not being allowed to clean the litter box.
  • Not being given a reprieve to cleaning in general.
  • The fast nail growth.
  • Being able to beg the husband into a foot rub every now and then. It'll definitely be back to doing it myself all the time. 
  • Being able to consume dairy. One of the strangest things is being pregnant cured me of my lactose intolerance- I hope it is a permanent happening, but I doubt it. 
  • People encouraging me to nap, rest, relax, sit back. 

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! I don't think I could handle being pregnant, I am a wuss....but being cured of lactose intolerance?? Hhmm, did you have loads of ice cream?

    I though you can still eat a lot when you are breast feeding as it apparently uses up a lot of calories?

    ReplyDelete

Judgement free zone. Post as you wish.
Except you spammers. You'll be deleted.