Saturday, March 10, 2012

Birthday Muffins

Happy birthday to me!


I had 2 bananas that were too ripe for me to eat (I like mine still a little green) and I didn't just want to throw them away, so I whipped up some banana muffins. I've never made any muffins other than what comes in a box, so I was a little worried it would turn out to be one of those dry muffins that I can't stand. I need not have feared, because they are great!



Banana muffins

1 stick butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
**brown sugar

Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Add in one egg at a time, mixing well inbetween. Add bananas and vanilla. Mix well.

Separately, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture alternating with buttermilk.

Mix until well blended.

Add to lined or unlined muffin  pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes
.

These are delicious. Banana is never a flavor you can go wrong with and these muffins are so moist and fluffy. The brown sugar makes a nice crunch on the top. 



1 comment:

Judgement free zone. Post as you wish.
Except you spammers. You'll be deleted.