Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

This past Saturday the hubby and my father-in-law painted the nursery. For this endeavor to be done correctly I had to supervise. 

Supervising is super hard work guys. So I didn't really feel like cooking up much for dinner that night. Since it is the season, I decided we'd have pumpkin pancakes for dinner with some sausage. Simple, quick, and delicious. 


The next day, while the hubby was putting together the crib, I decided to use the pumpkin I had left over from the night before and whip up some pumpkin muffins. I found a great recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Finding a recipe was a bit of a challenge because I was out of milk and most of the recipes I ran across called for milk. I needed a recipe using the ingredients I had left in the house. So here they are, delicious muffins:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup sliced almonds (which I omitted- I didn't have any and even if I did, I tend to not like nuts in my muffin. Heh heh)
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs 1 cup plain canned pumpkin
1/2 cup melted butter
6 ozs chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Put almonds on baking sheet or pie pan and bake about 5 minuutes, just until lightly browned. 
3. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin papers
4. Thoroughly mix flour, sugar, spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
5. Break eggs into another bowl. 
6. Add pumpkin and butter to eggs and whisk until well blended.
7. Stir in chocolate and almonds
8. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in just until moistened. 
9. Scoop into tins and bake 20-25 minutes.

**Per recipe you should serve 12. 
**I take this to mean each person gets 2 muffins because I halved the recipe and I still got 12 muffins.

Mine baked perfectly at 20 minutes. 

They were also delicious. The chocolate was a nice compliment to the pumpkin and that surprised me- in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judgement free zone. Post as you wish.
Except you spammers. You'll be deleted.